Commercial businesses throughout the region have experienced shifts in how they operate as they’ve adapted to new health and safety policies, guidelines, and regulations brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic. Practices like social distancing, wearing protective face masks, quarantining, and working from home are just some of the adjustments being made by those who work in commercial businesses. The notion of “business as usual” will likely never be used again as more and more businesses begin to re-open and navigate the adjustments they need to make in order to comply and keep their employees and customers safe.
A lot has changed
The CDC has also provided guidance to commercial businesses so that they can adjust accordingly.
What commercial businesses can do
Below are a few commercial security solutions that are worth considering to help navigate these new regulations:
- Explore utilizing certified business security solutions for the possibility of reduced insurance rates.
- Utilize your access control system to monitor and control who has access to the premises or to specific areas to comply with occupancy limitations.
- Consider upgrading your access control system with touchless proximity readers or integration with mobile devices to reduce touchpoints to help limit the spread of germs and viruses.
- Install or upgrade your space with a high-resolution video surveillance system to monitor and ensure compliance with new regulations on hygiene and occupancy levels.
- With working from home gaining popularity and commercial buildings being empty, these spaces are now hot targets for burglary and looting. Consider upgrading your alarm system.
- Integrate environmental monitoring into your security system. A business owner can be remotely alerted to take action in the event of a natural disaster or infrastructural problems such as carbon monoxide or a burst pipe.
- Consider other/additional solutions such as thermographic cameras for temperature screening or video intercom systems – depending on the needs of your business.
We’ll help you adapt
As more and more businesses and facilities reopen, they’ll need to make upgrades to be sure they’re following their region’s health and safety guidelines. We’re here to help you find the solutions that work for you. If your business requires a new security solution or you would just like us to come out and give you a security audit and discuss options – we want you to give us a call.
Ready to learn more? Reach out to APL Access & Security at 866-873-2288 today.