After the COVID-19 pandemic forced the rapid closure of non-essential workplaces, schools, and public venues, organizations are now working toward the safe reopening of their facilities amid some uncertainty. APL Access & Security has the solutions that help businesses #OpenSafely.
With the number of COVID-19 cases decreasing in some areas and rising in others, businesses and institutions realize that to reopen successfully, people need to feel confident and safe. Because of this, many organizations are quickly adopting health and safety screening policies and procedures to prepare for the reopening of their buildings. One of the most efficient uses of these practices is using body temperature detection technology as a means of initial assessment. Elevated body temperature detection systems allow the operator to screen for elevated body temperatures in a crowd from a safe distance with no human contact necessary to minimize risk of spreading infectious diseases such as Coronavirus. While these systems are not a means to detect or diagnose infectious diseases, they can detect elevated body temperatures that reach the CDC’s threshold for a definition of fever, which can allow security personnel to decide if further medical evaluation is needed.
APL Recommends ZKTECO SpeedFace Touchless Biometrics with Body Temperature Detection
Used in our own ALP Access & Security offices, the ZKTECO SpeedFace Touchless Biometrics Body Temperature product line is sophisticated and created to help businesses get back to work while reducing risks. The SF1005-V, which has a 5-inch programmable display, and the SF1008+ which has the 8-inch programmable display, offer a wide range of flexible options.
Here are some of the feature-rich offerings:
- User authentication read range up to 8 feet
- Model SF1008+ Stores & matches up to 50,000 face templates (SF1005-V+: 6,000 face templates)
- Face verification possible while wearing a protective mask (Palm recognition advised while wearing a mask)
- SF1008+ stores & matches up to 5,000 palm templates
- Model SF1005-V+ stores and matches up to 3,000 palm templates and 10,000 fingerprint templates
- Model SF1005-V+ additionally stores and matches up to 10,000 fingerprint templates
- Model SF1008+ has an 8″ programmable touchscreen display (SF1005-V+ has a 5″ display)
- Intelligent energy-saving design
- Dual-lens IR & VL camera recognizes faces in both total darkness and bright sunlight (<50,000 Lux)
- Body-temperature detection accurate up to 0.6 F from up to 18 inches away
What We Love About the SpeedFace
The SpeedFace technology offers high-performance face, palm, and fingerprint recognition readers while additionally detecting if an individual has an acceptable body temperature and is wearing a face mask. The embedded sensor provides 100% touchless user authentication for various applications including, access control, time and attendance, visitor management, event management, and more.
As Your Business Reopens, We Help You Reduce Health Risks
Here in the United States and globally, how we operate in light of current and future risks has changed, as have consumer expectations of the implementation of safety measures. Doubtless, thermal detection devices will continue to play a huge role in workplace safety.
APL is here to help you create a safer workplace environment. For more information about SpeedFace technology, call us today. 1-866-873-2288